Area Engineer (South/North)
To plan, coordinate, optimise and manage the provision of technical support in operations and maintenance of the system and to ensure network availability, quality of supply, operational safety and efficient customer service delivery in the area of responsibility.
- Execution and Delivery
- Customer Service
- Customer Technical Support
- Distribution system operation and maintenance
- Financial Management
- Leading Teams
- Business process knowledge and management
- Safety Health and Environment
Recognised degree in Electrical engineering. Member of a professional engineering institution preferred. Recognised Degree in Business/commerce or equivalent.
Five (5) years of post qualification experience in the power environment, two (2) of which will have been in system operations/maintenance in a power utility industry and one (1) must have been in a customer service position
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Customer service;
- Procedural awareness and understanding;
- Proactive and initiative;
- Team leadership skills;
- Critical thinking;
- Budgeting and resource management;
- Results focus and commitment
- Efficient customer connection delivery.
- Working under pressure and under tight timelines.
- Reliable network and continuity of quality supply.
- Balancing customer demands and operational safety.
- Budget and resource management.
- management of customer and key stakeholder expectations
- Adherence to set turnaround times.
- Adherence to set customer service standards and service culture.