To install, maintain, test and repair power system protection equipment efficiently and effectively in accordance with the organisation’s standards, policies and procedures.
1. Protection and control equipment maintenance
2. Availability and upkeep of tools and equipment
3. Processing of records
4. Adherence to SHER standards
5. Customer satisfaction
6. Quality of workmanship
7. Operational safety
1. Maintains good condition and safe keeping of all tools and equipment.
2. Performs maintenance of protective and associated devices according to set schedules, procedures and standards
3. Carries out installation of protective devices as per guidelines by the Technicians
4. Troubleshoots, tests and repair of protection schemes/installations as delegated by the Supervisor.
5. Performs network Switching operations
6. Maintains up to date records for Protection section.
7. Ensures Calibration of testing equipment
8. Collects quotations and keeps track of purchase requisitions, dispatches orders to suppliers and receives materials and tools from the suppliers.
9. Ensures sectional vehicles are clean
10. Ensures compliance to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
11. Promotes safety awareness in line with SHER requirements through periodic audits
UNDERTAKES SUCH OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR