To operate ash plant systems to ensure the efficient removal and disposal of ash in accordance with ash plant procedures and safety health and environmental (SHE) standards to minimise interruption on the operation of the steam boilers.
1. Efficient removal and disposal of ash
2. Achievement of work targets
3. Adherence to ash plant procedures and processes
4. Adherence to safety standards.
1. Operates ash-handling plant including conveying systems, compressors, slurry pumps etc. from the section control room to ensure the continuous removal and disposal of ash.
2. Carries out pre-start checks on plant in preparations of safe return to service after outages or maintenance.
3. Checks that routine cleaning of conveyor spillages is carried out.
4. Identifies and assesses equipment defects to provide a clear and comprehensive description to enable effective repairs.
5. Attends to minor faults and defects or reports to the supervisor to ensure remedial action is taken.
6. Records daily activities on aspects of ash plant operation, maintenance and safety, which need to be addressed, rectified or improved, in a standard logbook for planning and plant performance assessment.