ASSISTANT CRAFTSMAN – SOUTH/CENTRAL/ NORTH
To provide support in construction, maintenance, and repairs of overhead lines, underground cables and ancillary equipment in accordance with Procedures, Regulations and Safety Standards.
- Availability of materials and tools
- Achievement of work targets
- Adherence to safety standards on site
- Driver’s License
- Heavy Duty Driver’s License, PrDP and a License in operation of Crane/Earth moving equipment will be an added advantage
- Direct entry
Critical success factors
1.Cooperation and compliance with instructions
4.Comfortable with heights
5.Should not be colour blind
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintains toolbox and avails tools as required by the work teams.
- Excavates trenches and holes manually or using powered tools as directed.
- Cleans and paints apparatus as directed.
- Accompanies the work teams on lines patrol and inspections during fault location and line maintenance work to facilitate repairs and maintenance.
- Clear trees and weeds interfering with network equipment and substations to provide access and ensure network availability.
- Distributes shut down notices to Customers.
- Cleans and rehabilitates work site after completion of work.
- Cleans organisation vehicles and maintains house keeping at all times.
- Ensures compliance to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
- Actively participates in the safety, health and environment programmes as driven by the organisation.