BUSINESS PROCESS SPECIALIST
To support the Lean Six Sigma office and the rest of the organisation’s business through process mapping, process improvement, and process management service and expertise. The incumbent is expected to lead the establishment and deployment of a formal business process management system. The role will also be responsible for the development of process mapping and improvement capacity across all organisation functions.
The position is ultimately responsible to ensure the organisation has well documented and accessible business processes that guide its operations. The role will work closely with and supporting the Lean Specialist and the Lean Six Sigma Green Belts and Black Belts as they implement improvements across the organisation.
- Train and coach staff across the organisation on Process mapping and improvement principles, tools and techniques
- Support department efforts to document and sustainably improve their processes toward achievement of tangible business improvements in the form of cost savings and improved service delivery.
Business Process Management
- Establish a Business Process Management system that will standardize and maintain all processes across the organisation
- Ensure accessibility of processes by the business
- Promote continued maintenance of the processes by the business
Planning and budgeting
- Contribute to the development of the sectional budget
- Establish and maintain detailed project plans and for each project and/or initiative
- Monitor, evaluate and report progress and impact of the respective projects and initiatives
- Ensure that process development activities and initiatives are delivered in line with agreed timelines and to expected scope.
- Deliver activities and initiatives at the expected level of quality while managing risk and cost to budget.
- Prepare and present reports from time to time for the LSS Manager and support presentations to stakeholders (e.g. Organisation Management and Staff) as necessary.
- Develop and implement Change Management plans for each of the assigned projects and initiatives in collaboration with Human Resources and Change Management teams.
- Ensure employees are continuously informed of relevant changes and developments within the corporation as related to the projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate assigned projects and initiatives with change activities across the organisation to ensure alignment and efficiency in implementation.
- Deliver activities and initiatives within pre-defined performance standards.
- Lead project teams to ensure adherence to the organisation project management framework in all projects undertaken.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Business Process Management certification.
- Project Management qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience.
- Experience with process mapping, business process improvement/re-engineering, business process management, change management, and team leadership.
Critical success factors
- Business Process Management
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Team management and leadership
- Facilitation/Presentation skills
- Training and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving