To operate coal plant systems to ensure the efficient delivery of coal to bunkers and stockpiles in accordance with coal plant procedures and Safety Health Environment standards to achieve uninterrupted operation of the steam boilers.
1. Efficient supply of coal to boilers at all times
2. Achievement of work targets
3. Adherence to coal plant procedures and processes
4. Adherence to safety standards.
1. Checks that routine cleaning of conveyor spillages is carried out and operates coal-handling plant including conveying systems, vibrators, samplers etc. from the section control room to ensure the continuous delivery of coal to the bunkers and stockpiles in accordance procedures and safety standards.
2. Carries out pre-start checks on plant in preparations of safe return to service after outages or maintenance.
3. Identifies and assesses equipment defects to provide a clear and comprehensive description to enable effective repairs.
4. Attends to minor faults and defects or reports to the supervisor to ensure remedial action is taken.
5. Records daily activities on aspects of plant operation, maintenance and safety, which need to be addressed, rectified or improved, in a standard logbook for planning and plant performance assessment.