To construct, maintain and repair overhead Distribution lines, underground cables and ancillary equipment in accordance with construction and safety standards.
- Skills transfers
- Quality of workmanship
- Adherence to worksite safety
- Achievement of work targets within agreed timetables
BGCSE or equivalent
Recognized Linesman and or Cable Jointing Certificate
- Three (3) years experience in cable jointing or line construction.
Critical success factors
- Procedural awareness and understanding
- Cooperation and compliance with instruction
- Achievement of work targets
- Technical Expertise
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Installs and ensures that poles have been positioned correctly and installed securely.
- Lays out conductors and aerial cable and attaches insulators in poles.
- Installs and terminates field equipment to connect to the network in accordance with Transmission and Distribution construction standards.
- Carries out inspections of overhead lines according to a maintenance schedule.
- Carries out the repairs and maintenance of overhead lines and ancillary equipment.
- Prepares cables for jointing and joins cables in accordance with laid down technical specifications.
- Lays underground cables and construction of overhead lines in accordance with approved distribution construction standards.
- Identifies and arranges for the availability of line and cabling material and equipment requirements.
- Organises, supervises and facilitates on the job training of work crew.
- Ensures compliance to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
- Actively participates in the safety, health and environment programmes as driven by the organisation.