To design, administer, manage and maintain organisational database for efficient and effective business operations. The role is also responsible for database security measures, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity as well as planning for future expansion requirements.
- Identifies shortcomings and suggests improvements to existing processes, systems and procedures, then delivers a plan for elements of a change management program with guidance from management.
- Highlights shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline
- Conducts research using primary data sources and selects relevant information to enable analysis of key themes and trends
- Investigates questions related to existing programs, processes and procedures
- Navigates a wide variety of existing processes, procedures and precedents to interpret data and identify possible answers
1.A recognised University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or Equivalent.
2. Industry related certification e.g. MCDA, OCP will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in an ICT environment,
- Three (3) of which should have been at Database Administration
Critical success factors
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Conceptual Thinking
- Drive for Results
- Attention to Detail
- Risk Management
- Network/IT security
- IT Data Management
- Database Administration