Electrical Technician (Orapa)
To implement, monitor and supervise the day to day maintenance and repair of the Electrical Equipment in accordance with set specification, standards and safety procedures to ensure optimal plant availability. The role provides technical support for efficient and effective installation, commission, maintenance and repair of electrical plant equipment in accordance with procedures to ensure plant availability and safety.
Autonomy – The job holder works under general direction and guidelines.
Improvements – The job holder identifies technical malfunctions and analyses the problems, contacts supplier or other specialists and provides technical solutions.
Complexity – The job holder makes repairs and adjustments that are complex while providing advice and technical direction.
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Performance Management
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Client & Customer Management (Internal)
A recognized Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience of which 2 years should have been in a supervisory level in electrical maintenance in a power plant environment
Supervisory Experience: A minimum of 2 years experience in supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
- Technical Support – Works without supervision while providing technical guidance as needed on identifying and diagnosing technical problems, then resolving those problems by choosing the best authorized solution
- Service Delivery – Works without supervision and provides technical guidance as needed on delivering required services that meet quality standards
- Commercial Acumen – Applies understanding of the business environment and objectives to develop solutions without supervision, while also providing technical assistance when necessary
- Action Planning – Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements
- Computer Skills – Supports business processes without supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed
- Data Collection and Analysis – Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making
- Health and Safety – Manages and applies safe systems of work without supervision and provides technical guidance when required
- Planning and Organising – Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives
- Policy and Procedures – Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Policy and Regulation – Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on interpreting and applying knowledge of laws, regulations and policies in area of expertise
- Verbal Communication – Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies