Engineer – Computer Applications (South / North)
To provide an effective and reliable Energy Management System (EMS) / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system software and hardware administration to facilitate the efficient operation of the power system network.
- Systems Operations – Supervises others to deliver prescribed operational outcomes while working within established systems.
- Data Management – Monitors EMS/SCADA backups by keeping records and perform system restoration in the event of failure
- Contract Management – Delivers required outcomes by managing day-to-day relationships with contract service providers and working within an established contract management plan
- Project Management – Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established program management plan.
- Data Collection & Analysis – Analyzes key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Budgeting & Costing – Takes responsibility for delivering a prescribed budget for own area of the organization and/or conducts complex analyses on budget progress in other areas while working within established systems.
- Compliance – Highlights shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline
- Internal Communication – Executes a communications plan by working within established internal communication systems and procedures
- Improvement & Innovation – Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures.
- Policy Development & Implementation – Provides input into the development of procedures for an area within the organization, then monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- People Management – Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives
- Safety, Health and Environment – Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
A Degree in Electronic/Computer Engineering or related qualification. Should be a standing member of a recognized professional engineering body.
At least three (3) years post qualification experience in computer systems.
- Strategic Thinking
- Drive for Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Understanding Others
- Team Leadership
- Focusing Others on the Customer
- Approach to Thinking
- Collaborative Influence
- Customer Focus
- Information Seeking
- Network/IT Security
- IT Testing
- IT Support
- IT Data Management
- IT Implementation & Integration
- Database Administration
- Applications Development
- Commercial Acumen
- Computer Skills – should be seasoned
- System Operation
- Costing & Budgeting
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Planning & Organizing
- Policy & Regulations
- Keeping pace with the technological advancement in ICT
- Diagnosing software errors and hardware faults
- Working with different and complicated software modules
- Risk of power system trips
- Covers an extremely widespread geographical system