Engineer – Network Maintenance (South/Central/North)
To plan, organize, supervise and control the maintenance and operation of Transmission & Distribution equipment to ensure maximum availability of the system.
- Operational Management – Supervises others to deliver prescribed operational outcomes while working within established systems.
- Installation, Maintenance & Repair – Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency repairs, performs preventive maintenance inspections, assists specialists in setting up and testing new Transmission and Distribution equipment and installs complex systems with guidance
- Contract Management – Delivers required outcomes by managing day-to-day relationships with contract service providers and working within an established contract management plan.
- Project Management – Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established program management plan.
- Data Collection & Analysis – Analyzes key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Budgeting & Costing – Takes responsibility for delivering a prescribed budget for own area of the organization and/or conducts complex analyses on budget progress in other areas while working within established systems.
- Compliance – Highlights shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline
- Client & Customer Management (External) – Manages relationships with small clients to ensure their needs are met while supporting senior colleagues in managing more important client and customer relationships
- Internal Communication – Executes a communications plan by working within established internal communication systems and procedures
- Improvement & Innovation – Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures.
- Policy Development & Implementation – Provides input into the development of procedures for an area within the organization, then monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- People Management – Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives
- Safety, Health and Environment – Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
B. Eng. in Electrical Engineering or related qualification.Should be a standing member of a recognized professional engineering body.
At least three (3) years post qualification in a power system operations environment. Attainment of Senior Authorization for operational purposes is a requirement.
- Strategic Thinking
- Drive for Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Understanding Others
- Team Leadership
- Focusing Others on the Customer
- Approach to Thinking
- Collaborative Influence
- Customer Focus
- Information Seeking
- System Operation
- Engineering Testing
- Engineering Technical Operations Support
- Commercial Acumen
- Computer Skills
- Analytical Processes
- Costing & Budgeting
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Verbal Communication
- Planning & Organizing
- Policy & Regulations
- Working under high voltage conditions
- Fault diagnoses in equipment designed to operate with minimum interruption
- Balancing personnel safety and consumer expectations and needs
- Consequences of wrong judgement and decisions