Engineer – Operations (South / North)
To plan, organize and coordinate distribution network system operations activities to ensure network availability and reliability, operational safety, and cost efficient distribution of supply to customers in accordance best maintenance practice including BPC’s engineering standards, procedures and financial regulations
- Operational Management – Supervises others to deliver prescribed operational outcomes while working within established systems.
- Operating Machine & Equipment – Operates complex systems, adjusts processes to optimize quality/productivity, carries out new product trials and generates solutions to complex inefficiencies.
- Internal Communication – Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of internal communication with guidance from Area Engineer
- Data Collection & Analysis – Conducts research using primary data sources and selects relevant information to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
- Compliance – Highlights shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline.
- Client & Customer Management (External) – Manages relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met while supporting senior colleagues in managing more important client and customer relationships
- Budgeting & Costing – Tracks budgets and brings variances to the attention of senior colleagues while working within established budgeting systems.
- Contract Management – Delivers required outcomes by managing relationships with contract service providers and working within established contract management plan
- Improvement & Innovation – Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures.
- Policy Development & Implementation – Provides input into the development of procedures for an area within the organization, then monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- Project Management – Delivers own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established program management plan
- People Management – Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives.
- Safety, Health and Environment – Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
B. Eng. in Electrical Engineering or related qualification. Should be a standing member of a recognized professional engineering body.
At least 3 years post qualification experience in the electricity supply industry. Preferably in the Distribution transmission line and distribution substation construction fields.
At least 12 months supervising and directing a team to achieve specific end results.
- Drive for results
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Understanding Others
- Team Leadership
- Focusing Others on the Customer
- Approach to Thinking
- Collaborative Influence
- Customer Focus
- Information Seeking
- Attention to Detail
- System Operations
- Engineering Testing
- Customer Technical Support
- Customer Service Delivery
- Computer Skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Analytical Processes
- Verbal Communication
- Data Collection & Analyisis
- Planning & Organising
- Policy & Regulations
- Technological issues and faults diagnosis
- Working under pressure
- Meeting customer expectations
- Resource management
- Maintenance of supply and implementation of procedures at all times
- Motivating and leading staff
- Safety of public, personnel and equipment
- Reliability of power supply
- Resolving engineering challenges