Engineer – Transmission Capital Projects (South/North)
To administer and coordinate the implementation of defined projects required by the Corporation to ensure sustainable operations in accordance with BPC’s engineering standards, procedures and financial regulations.
- Project Management – Manages and delivers required outcomes for a portfolio of projects while reporting to the Senior Engineer – Transmission Projects Implementation
- Contract Management – Delivers required outcomes by managing day-to-day relationships with contract service providers and working within established contract management plan
- Client & Customer Management (External) – Manages relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met while supporting senior colleagues in managing more important client and customer relationships
- Document Preparation – Checks technical and commercial aspects of draft tender documents related to transmission and substation projects for approval by the Senior Projects Engineer, in order to ensure compliance with the Corporation’s asset specifications
- Costing and Budgeting – Provides technical guidance when required on costing, budgeting and finance tasks
- Improvement & Innovation – Identities shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures.
- Internal Communication – Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of internal communication with guidance from Senior Projects Engineer
- Strategic Planning – Delivers prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established planning systems
- Safety, Health and Environment – Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
B. Eng. in Electrical Engineering or related qualification. Qualifications in Project Management will be an added advantage.
Should be a standing member of a recognized professional engineering body.
At least 3 years post qualification experience in the electricity supply industry. Preferably in the transmission line and substation construction fields.
- Team Leadership
- Holding People Accountable
- Drive for Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Understanding Others
- Approach to Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborative Influence
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
- Contract Management
- Computer Skills
- Costing & Budgeting
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Planning & Organizing
- Policy & Procedures
- Commercial Acumen
- Engineering Design
- Customer Service Delivery
- Identification of project risks
- Ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with acceptable standards
- Resolving engineering challenges