Human Resources Services Manager
To oversee and manage a team of HR Relationship Managers in the provision of human resources services to businesses/functions as well as to work as a strategic partner with allocated business/function teams to ensure appropriate HR solutions are provided, and to create and sustain a good human resources best practices within the Businesses to support the optimal use of the organisation Human Resources to meet Business objectives.
• Strategic thinking
• HR Planning and Forecasts
• Performance Management
• Employee Selection and Recruitment
• Financial Acumen
• Relationship Building and Management
• Communication, Influence and Impact
• Research Skills
• Policy Development and Review
• Computer literacy
• Planning and Organisation Skills
• Decision Making
• Change Management
• Financial Acumen
• Visionary Leadership
• Creativity and Innovation
• Customer Service Orientation
• Team Leadership and Motivation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant post qualification experience
- Of the above, at least three (3) years must be in middle to senior management position in a multi discipline environment
- Experience and knowledge of Human Resources best practices
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and improve the efficiency of HR Services; such services includes human resource recruitment, selections and appointments.
- Direct, Supervise and coordinate operations and activities of HR Relationship function to optimize service delivery and financial efficiency
- Contributes to the formulation of strategic plans, business plans, budgets and operating plans in accordance with the Corporate Strategy and supervises the implementation of such plans.
- Manages departmental performance in line with the HR Scorecard.
- Prepares performance-monitoring reports for the General Manager – Human Resources to ensure alignment to objectives and attainment of results.
- Manages and leads transformation in the Human Resources Services in the wider organisation to ensure adherence to HR policies, practices and statutory requirements to maximise output.
- Participates in the management committee and other committees as directed by the General Manager – Human Resources to ensure coordination and communication between functions.
- Reviews and Develops policies in support of organisational goals.
- Identifies and manages the provision of recruitment and placement services to all areas of the organisation to maintain costs as well as standards to ensure legal compliance.
- Serves as a link between Management and HR Relationship function by guiding in the interpretation and implementation of the policies.
- Performs the HR relationship function as assigned by the General Manager Human Resources.
- Reviews and monitors staff vacancies, recruitment, interviews and applicants selection to ensure objectivity of processes and fit with organisational goals.
- Manages welfare of staff in the department and facilitates technical skills / capacity development.
- Collates reports and monitor performance of direct subordinates and ensures performance management systems are systematically deployed in the department.
- Ensures compliance with organisational and statutory health and safety policies and procedures in the provision of HR services.
- Effectively addresses all risk and quality management issues and instructions in the department.