Intermediate Developer X 2
About the company:
Piilo Group is a USA based talent management company with a strong presence in Africa and the Middle East. Piilo provides creative innovation through technology and people. Our unique approach improves the value of human capital, positively impacting the long-term success and viability of our client organisations. Piilo provides innovative technology solutions to engage, develop, manage and retain people.
We have two very exciting opportunities in Cape Town, South Africa for two highly talented intermediate developer. We are offering an opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing and dynamic business. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime to build your career in a collaborative, flexible, work environment.
To be successful in this role you must be able to interpret user requirements for design, development, testing and implementation of new software and current software upgrades, while providing support to more junior resources in achieving set goals within time and budget.
- Analyse user specifications and requirements, design, coding, test and debugging applications
- Develop new software, applications and services using cloud computing and mobility platforms and tools
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing applications
- Conduct code reviews, test software along with participating in application architecture and design
- Deliver new software developments and enhancements
- Resolve incidents by providing 2nd line support to users
- Consult with business and product owners on business requirements
- Work with business analyst to translate business needs into software requirements
- Interface with business to ensure successful delivery of software solution
- Ensure that all projects and tasks are delivered to specification and meet business requirements
- Complete other duties as assigned that include: Documentation, team meetings, project work as assigned and other administrative tasks
- Mentor other developers to increase their knowledge of the technology
- Work in a global virtual team, sometimes across multiple time zones
- Work across multiple projects at the same time
- Proactively communicate and raise issues and risks
You will need:
- Working knowledge of various web development languages such as C#, ASP.NET, XML, scripting languages, SQL, etc.
- Understand .Net Framework
- Understand and have worked with Windows Azure, cloud computing and mobile technologies
- Understand iterative software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- A first degree relevant to technology development will be an advantage
- A post graduate qualification relevant to technology development will be an additional advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience of which at least 2 years should be in a technical development environment
- The role is based in Cape Town, South Africa. The role can be delivered remotely, and we are open to negotiate a working arrangement that will work for everyone. We are not old school and we don’t believe that clocking hours drives high performance. We will even consider a flexible part-time starting arrangement based on your preference.