About the company
Piilo Group is a USA based talent management company with a strong presence in Africa and the Middle East. Piilo provides creative innovation through technology and people. Our unique approach improves the value of human capital, positively impacting the long-term success and viability of our client organisations. Piilo provides innovative technology solutions to engage, develop, manage and retain people.
We have a very exciting opportunity in Cape Town, South Africa for a highly talented junior/graduate developer. We are offering an opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing and dynamic business. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime to build your career in a collaborative, flexible, work environment.
To be successful in this role you must be able to assist senior developers with coding, testing and documentation of new software and current software upgrades.
- Assist senior developers in coding, testing and debugging applications
- Take part in code reviews and test software
- Resolve incidents by providing 2nd line support to users
- Complete other duties as assigned that include: Documentation, team meetings, project work as assigned and other administrative tasks
- Work in a global virtual team, sometimes across multiple time zones
- Work across multiple projects at the same time
- Proactively communicate and raise issues and risks
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Knowledge of various web development languages such as C#, ASP.NET, XML, scripting languages, etc.
- Understand .Net Framework
- Knowledge of Windows Azure, cloud computing and mobile technologies
- Understand iterative software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Studying in a field related to technology development will be an advantage
- Any qualification relevant to technology development will be an advantage
- Any work experience especially in a technical development environment will be an advantage
- The role is based in Cape Town, South Africa. Parts of the role can be delivered remotely, and we are open to negotiate a working arrangement that will work for everyone. We are not old school and we don’t believe that clocking hours drives high performance. We will even consider a flexible part-time starting arrangement based on your preference.