About the company
Piilo Group is a USA based talent management company with a strong presence in Africa and the Middle East. Piilo provides creative innovation through technology and people. Our unique approach improves the value of human capital, positively impacting the long-term success and viability of our client organisations. Piilo provides innovative technology solutions to engage, develop, manage and retain people.
We have a very exciting opportunity in Cape Town, South Africa for a highly talented junior/graduate developer. We are offering an opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing and dynamic business. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime to build your career in a collaborative, flexible, work environment.
To be successful in this role you must be able to assist senior developers to interpret user requirements for development, testing and implementation of new software and current software upgrades.
- Assist senior developers in coding, testing and debugging applications
- Take part in code reviews and test software
- Resolve incidents by providing 2nd line support to users
- Assist senior developers to ensure that all projects and tasks are delivered to specification and meet business requirements
- Complete other duties as assigned that include: Documentation, team meetings, project work as assigned and other administrative tasks
- Mentor intern developers to increase their knowledge of the technology
- Work in a global virtual team, sometimes across multiple time zones
- Work across multiple projects at the same time
- Proactively communicate and raise issues and risks
You will need:
- Knowledge of various web development languages such as C#, ASP.NET, XML, scripting languages, etc.
- Understand .Net Framework
- Knowledge of Windows Azure, cloud computing and mobile technologies
- Understand iterative software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- A first degree relevant to technology development will be an advantage.
- A post graduate qualification relevant to technology development will be an additional advantage.
- Any work experience especially in a technical development environment will be an advantage.
- The role is based in Cape Town, South Africa. The role can be delivered remotely, and we are open to negotiate a working arrangement that will work for everyone. We are not old school and we don’t believe that clocking hours drives high performance. We will even consider a flexible part-time starting arrangement based on your preference.