To carry out maintenance and repair on both live and dead Transmission and Distribution Overhead lines to ensure efficient and safe transmission of electricity.
1. Adherence to work procedures
2. Compliance to the organisation’s safety rules and procedures
3. Adherence to patrol and maintenance schedules
1. Patrols and inspects transmission lines to locate faults and defects and reports to foreman.
2. Maintains overhead bus-bars, by-pass isolators, insulators and any other related equipment to ensure efficient transmission of electricity.
3. Maintains tools and equipment used on lines to ensure that they are safe to use.
4. Carries out repairs on transmission and distribution lines to ensure personnel and public safety as well as security of electricity supplies.
5. Carries out servitude maintenance under transmission and distribution line to create safe working environment and enhance reliability of lines.
6. Ensures housekeeping activities in stores, workshops and vehicles.
7. Participates in Corporate SHE activities.
UNDERTAKES SUCH OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR