Performance and Efficiency Technician
To carry out efficiency tests and assessments of the plant performance and record statistics to facilitate preparation of accurate recommendations to optimise the performance of the plant.
1 Data Collection & Analysis
2 Plant Tests
3 Quality Monitoring
4 Client & Customer Management
5 Improvement / Innovation
6 Project Management
7 Safety, Health and Environment
- A recognized Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be a Competent Peron (within 6 months for internal candidates and 12 months for external candidates from the commencement of training)
- Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board (within 12 months of appointment)
- A valid Class B Driver’s license (within 6 months of appointment)
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience.
Experience as a Plant Operator would be an added advantage.
Critical success factors
• Technical Support
• Risk Management
• Commercial Acumen
• Computer Skills
• Data Collection & Analysis
• Policy & Procedures
• Policies & Regulations
• Service Delivery
• Planning & Organizing
• Self Confidence
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Analytical Thinking
• Social Responsibility
• Listening with Respect
• Approach to Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Conceptual Thinking
• Drive for Results
• Information Seeking
• Customer Focus
- Monitors operational parameters on the status of the plant to ensure there are no deviation from set limit and advice on remedial action where appropriate.
- Compiles and captures data comprising of power station operational statistics for plant performance analysis.Produces reports on plant running hours or usage status to enable scheduling of routine maintenance .
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis investigations and prepare the report.
- Carries out plant performance tests and records results in accordance with set procedures and safety standards; makes preliminary evaluations and recommendations for review and approval by supervisor.
- Analyses plant logged data and evaluates performance in order to detect any deviation from standard specifications.
- Checks specific plant performance parameters against specifications and capabilities and analyses variances.Carries out prescribed internal and external client management activities and provides support to others by following existing procedures.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services
- Supports Project Managers by performing simple tasks and following established procedures
- Operates in accordance with policies and rules, while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Contributes to the development of risk assessments
- Participates in safety inspections and reports on findings to maintain safety of personnel and good housekeeping of the plant.