To monitor and facilitate the delivery of customer connections by outsourced contractors and consultants to ensure efficient customer connection service delivery.
1. Consultants’ adherence to contract terms
2. Availability of data on additions to the network
3. Efficient customer connection service delivery
4. Completion of projects within agreed deadlines, costs and standards
Attainment of senior authorisation for operational purposes is a requirement.
2. Liaises with stakeholders on behalf of Contractors and Consultants in order to facilitate efficient and effective resolution of internal processes that impact on connection deliveries.
3. Participates in projects inspections, commissioning and/or handover and follows up the correction of defects in order to ensure that projects handed over are in compliance with the Company’s quality and technical standards.
4. Arranges system outages, carries out network switching and issues safety documents during shutdowns requested by Contractors in order to ensure that work on the system is undertaken in accordance with the Corporation’s Safety Rules and system operation policies and procedures.
5. Attends to variations in the scope of work and assesses these variations for approval by the supervisor.
6. Reviews and endorses materials Purchase Requisitions by Contractors in order to ensure conformance with estimates and Bills of Materials.
7. Checks that network layouts and schematic drawings are provided in accordance with the contract in order to ensure that system operational and planning drawings are accurate and up-to-date.
8. Monitors the activities and performance of Contractors and Consultants and provides input in the evaluation of both in order to ensure that the Corporation obtains value-for-money service and safety standards are adhered to by contractors.
10. Advises customers on connection requirements to facilitate efficient project implementation.