Senior Industrial Relationship Officer
To provide quality Industrial and Employee Relations services and advice to employees and the business in order to foster a harmonious Industrial Relations Climate
List key activities performed by the job.
- Monitors Industrial Relations trends and recommends remedial action to be taken so as to ensure a positive Industrial Relations environment.
- Advises employees on the interpretation and application of relevant policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Investigates disciplinary and grievance cases
- Provides advice and secretarial services on grievances and disciplinary hearings to ensure procedural and substantive fairness in applying the Corporation’s policy and procedures.
- Create timely and reliable Industrial and Employee Relations dashboards for Industrial and Employee relations Manager, HR Business partners and line management.
- Counsels and guides staff on work-related issues in order to enhance employee morale.
- Plans and organises management/Union(s) meetings and provides secretarial services.
- Policy and Statutory Compliance
- Represents and articulates the Corporation’s position in labour related disputes at mediation level.
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field
- Four (4) years post qualification experience,
- Two (2) of which should have been in the Industrial and Employee Relations area
Critical success factors
- Communication Skills
- Relationship Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning organising and coordination skills
- Report writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Team orientation