To install, test, repair and maintain Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) equipment according to standards, so as to facilitate efficient monitoring and control of power networks.
- Availability of SCADA equipment
- Accurate system data.
- Availability of up to date records and reference material.
- Compliance to SHER standards.
- Existence of spares inventory and tools.
- Quality of workmanship
- Customer focus
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent. ERB registrationDrivers licence
At least two years post qualification experience in a computer systems environment.
Critical success factors
2.Accuracy and Attention to Detail
3.Cooperation and compliance with instructions
4.Working knowledge of operating systems
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Installs, tests, commissions SCADA Equipment to enable data acquisition from remote stations to the central system.
- Trouble shooting and restoration of SCADA equipment
- Repairs and performs routine preventative maintenance on SCADA Equipment.
- Carries out telecontrol wiring for new projects and any modification to the existing Networks.
- Performs database maintenance by inputting data into the computer system using appropriate software tools to present accurate information to system users.
- Performs system backup according to laid down guidelines in order to enable system recovery.
- Prepares and updates SCADA equipment installation documents.
- Maintains computer applications tools, test equipment, spares, maintenance room and the workshop in a safe, neat and tidy manner to conform to SHER standards.
- Keeps SCADA documentation data storage devices in a safe and secure environment to enable data recovery.
- Compiles and monitors inventory of SCADA equipment spares to ensure that the right stock level is maintained.
- Compiles records of vehicles fuel utilisation.
- Ensures compliance to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
- Promotes safety awareness in line with SHER requirements through periodic audits
- UNDERTAKES SUCH OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR