TECHNICIAN MAINTENANCE PLANNING
To produce planned maintenance schedules in order to facilitate preventative maintenance and condition monitoring of transmission and distribution network equipment.
- Prepares lines and substation maintenance schedules and records to ensure regular maintenance in accordance with equipment requirements as well as company’s maintenance standards.
- Prepares departmental expenditure reports
- Coordinates and controls the job card flow.
- Collects and compiles equipment data for database updates
- Maintains up to date inventory of existing plant and spares
- Maintains and controls technical library
- Compiles records of vehicles/fuel utilization
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience in maintenance planning, repair or testing of high voltage equipment.
- Must obtain Senior Authorization within six (6) months for internal candidates and twelve (12) months for external candidates
Critical success factors
- Technical expertise
- Procedural awareness and understanding
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning and coordinating
- Time consciousness