To carry out installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, rectification/modification and commissioning of protection, control and monitoring equipment/schemes, in order to ensure accurate and reliable operation in the protection of the Transmission, Distribution – and the Power Generation system.
1. Performs routine preventive maintenance (primary injection tests, secondary injection tests, CT tests, VT tests and cleaning etc) of protection and control equipment in accordance with laid down standard procedures.
2. Installs and commissions’ protection and control equipment in accordance with specifications and schematic diagrams.
3. Carries-out repair works and rectifies protection and control equipment defects to minimise equipment down time and ensure speedy restoration of supply.
4. Conducts periodic inspection of protection equipment in substations and makes preliminary reports on the status of the protection and control gear.
5. Updates and maintains protection and control equipment drawings and schematic diagrams to ensure accuracy.
6. Maintains an inventory of all protection and control equipment spares and ensures that required spares are ordered on time.
7. Ensures that test equipment is operational and correctly calibrated in order to maintain protection and control equipment accuracy and reliability.
8. To ensure that the protection workshop is in good order and all tools and test equipments are ready for use at all times.
9. Carries out switching operations on High Voltage system, issues and cancels safety documents to facilitate work on transmission and distribution facilities.
10. Actively participates in the Safety, Health & Environment programs as driven by the Corporation.
UNDERTAKES SUCH OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR