To control and carry out operation, maintenance and repair of transmission and distribution substation equipment to ensure effective, safe and speedy maintenance.
1. Optimal equipment availability
2. Reduced accidents and incidents
3. Adherence to safety standards
4. Prompt response to system faults/ breakdowns
5. Timely submission of data for planned maintenance schedules and records
1. Maintains and repairs Transmission and distribution network substations equipment and makes report.
2. Troubleshoots on transmission and distribution network equipment and takes remedial action.
3. Carries out switching operations to release or put equipment into service.
4. Issues and cancels safety documents to facilitate work on transmission facilities.
5. Performs pre-commissioning inspections for new installations.
6. Ensures that all received job cards and inspection sheets are completed and returned to Planning.
7. Implements housekeeping and safety standards and takes remedial action to re-establish set levels.
8. Controls the issue and receipt of all transmission stores equipment and parts.
9. Makes input into sectional budget preparations.
UNDERTAKES SUCH OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR